Connecticut Bicycle Routes
I have made notes of a few routes that I would like to try. These are strictly based on studying the maps and features along the route.
- Branford Carousel Trip #2, 48.6km: coast of Branford and New Haven
- Along the Clinton/Westbrook Shoreline Scramble, 47.8km: coast of Clinton and Westbrook
- Middletown to Shuttle Meadow Ride, 48.2km: orchards of Berlin and Southington
- Chris’ Stroll in the Park, 87.7km: coast of Westbrook and Old Saybrook
- FinMair 5-Town & 6-Town Tour, 67.8km: hills of Durham and Higganum
- Madison to Middletown the Scenic (but easier) Way, 81.3km: tour of Middletown and Madison
- Not Just Essex, 62.6km: tour of Essex and surrounding towns
- SCCC’s Shoreline, 16.8km: short ride along the coast suitable for young riders
- Pounding Powder Hill, 55.9km: tour of Middletown hills
- Sonya’s Gillette Castle Gallop, 73.2km: Gillette Castle and views of the Connecticut River
- The Chester to Marlborough Hilly Ride to Hell, 73.4km: Comstock covered bridge, Bull Hill, and Pocotopaug Lake
- Almost any of the 40 rides in the northwest region. They all seem to offer beautiful scenery, variety of terrain, and country roads.
Try these, try others, try them all.